This 5 week evening course will prepare you to take an active role in the use of computational systems for the creation of trading algorithms.
Why study Algorithmic Trading at Alpha Academic?
- You will develop technical skills in writing algorithms with time series data, and you will have the freedom to use these skills in your own practical project
- You will explore how real-time trading algorithms can make use of a wide range of other subject areas such as social media and databases
- We will prepare you to take an active role in the creation of computational systems for algorithmic trading with skills that are transferable to a wide range of industries
- Our teaching is strongly focused on practical work in real world situations
- You will benefit from access to our professional network of industry experts in the City of London
- Top performing students will receive a reference and may have the opportunity of taking an industrial placement
Since 2014 Alpha Academic, or its predecessors, has forged the reputation of delivering leading vocational training in the City of London. Located in the heart of the financial capital, the school aims to leverage entrepreneurial spirit and collaboration among its students to deliver a transformative experience. Our new algorithmic trading course is intensive and admission is selective. There is no specific entrance requirement as we encourage diversity of backgrounds to promote innovation, creativity, thoughtful and collaborative problem-solving.
Professional practice underpins all that we do at Alpha Academic. Our algorithmic trading course combines real-world experiences in innovation, technology, and the financial markets to challenge and coach students and help them find answers or develop a deeper understanding of trading. Students will leverage leading standardised technologies such as the CQG Integrated Client and Microsoft Visual Studio to overcome real-world challenges. A detailed schedule is included at the end of this document. The computing department draws on motivated professionals whose teaching interests span the full spectrum of financial trading issues. Tutors are established experts in their field who direct their own projects or provide consulting services to third parties. Please view see further information on LinkedIn Profile.
On completing our algorithmic trading course you will be familiar with the capabilities of professional trading systems and have detailed understanding of the CQG client software. You will have acquired the essential vocational knowledge needed to develop deterministic algorithmic trading strategies with the potential for real-world impact. To help ensure you leave with a critical understanding you will be encouraged to start implementing your own strategy during the course. Student who pass the assessment will receive a certificate in algorithmic trading.
DEVELOPING YOUR CAREER
One feature common to academic courses is their introductory nature. Alpha Academic prefers to see itself helping you to benefit from your motivation, and we will launch a new alumni group in 2016 with focus on encouraging the development of your career in the financial markets. The alumni network will provide ongoing CV advice and interview suggestions. Top-performing students may be invited back to participate in future industrial placement schemes.
We encourage applications from:
- Professional traders seeking to use technology to gain new insights and transform their strategies
- London-based students with an interest in real-world computing problems and the financial markets